Friday 18 April 2014

A trip to Shirui Hill  



      Manipur is a home of different amazing things. It doesn’t lack in any field that’s why it is a called 'The Jewel of India'.
 
      Among the various amazing things of Manipur, the Shirui Hill is one of them. Today I would like to share my experience in the Shirui hill which I still cherish in my heart and mind.

On the way to the Shirui Hill


     The Shirui Hill ranges in the Ukhrul District of Manipur, India at an elevation of 2835m above the sea level is the best local tourist attraction.
         I love to share the endless beauty of the Shirui Hill. Beauty knows no bounds. The hillock is covered in refreshing light green color with cottony soft clouds touching its peak struck my mind and gives my mind full pleasure. The Shirui Lily (the state flower of Manipur) blossoms in its full glory in this hill. The pinkish white color of the lilies filled with pearl-white dew drops makes the hill mesmerizingly beautiful. As everybody knows it grows only in its native habitat, the Shirui Hill in Ukhrul district of Manipur. It blossoms only in the monsoon months i.e. June, July and August.
     The memory of my trip to Shirui Hills recalls me again and again with its endless beauty that I can’t forget for a single moment. All the pain and tiredness I went through (including my teammates) were gone once we reached the top of the hill. At that instance I felt myself at the top of the world. The experience was so exciting and the freedom I felt was not less than a bird flying in the sky.


        As a human being (especially my fellow Manipuris), I would like to suggest everyone to visit this amazing hill at least once in your lifetime and feel the beauty of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment